英语教案Unit 3 Getting Together Topic 2 What does your mother do?
- Learn some new words and phrases.
- Learn how to receive guests.
- Learn how to ask someone’s occupations.
Teaching key points and difficult points:
- Say the words about occupations.
- expressions about greeting and asking somebody’s occupation.
Step 1 Introduction
1.Focus their attention on the teacher.
2.Do duty report. Students make self-introduction.
3.Help the students to express correctly.
Step 2 Presentation
- Ask the students some questions to lead to the topic-occupations.
- Learn some new words about occupations
home, kid, glad, mother, father, doctor, parent, office, worker, driver, farmer, cook, nurse
e.g. T: What do I do? S: You are a teacher.
T: What do you do? S: I am a student.
4.Look at the pictures of occupations which are shown by the teacher and learn some new words.
e.g. T: What does he/she do? S: He/She is a/an...
- Look at the pictures in 1a. Guess what the students may talk about in the conversation.
- Listen to 1a and complete the table in 1b while listening.
3.Listen to 1a again and fill in the blanks:
Maria: Kangkang, what does your ______ do?
Kangkang: She is a ______.
Jane: And your ______?
Kangkang: He is a doctor. Michael, what do your _______ do?
- Pair work:
Make up conversations with the structures and words in pairs. Then report to the class.
- Group work:
Show some picture cards about occupations.Look at the pictures about occupations which are shown by the teacher.
1.Recite the dialog in 1a.
2. Make a survey about what your friend’s parents do, then make a report.
3. Preview Section B.